If you have one of these SFX100 4DOF platforms but no way to connect them to Simtools or FlyPT mover motion software, here is solution I designed for a DIY 4DOF controller that matches the 100mm actuators hardware. Its free and its plug and play (once put together).
I only provide plans (gerber files) and firmware for the device, and no support. Don't ask me about it, I don't build it or sell it. You will have to collect the parts for it. Its totally DIY. This free controller has some limitations but still its plug and play, no need to setup anything, all settings are in the firmware. The only extra parameters needed in the AASD-15A drives are the following:
Pn24 = 100
Pn52 = 1
Pn60 = 2
Pn61 = 6
There is no restriction to use it or copy it or modify it to your needs. Feel free to improvise! Heck, you could probably use two of them, and use the second for Traction loss, or active seat belt , or a g-seat... A small modification of the electronic gear would allow such use if you need less turns of the motor etc. Simtools and FlyPT support multiple interfaces!
For more information on the open-hardware-servo-controller see the Github page here:
The limitations/features of the AMC-Open-Hardware-4DOF-Shield are:
- 4DOF only
- 100mm stroke
- 45kHz pulse rate (max motor speed 2500RPM)
- 800 times per second updates (3ms delay in Simtools or FlyPT).
- No LCD or encoder for parameters adjustment
- Only two manual move test buttons
- Only e-stop that disables the servos
- Supports automatic calibration of the actuator (No need to stand up feet together on your actuator, to make sure its positioned all the way down before power up!!!)
In contrast the AMC-AASD15A servo controller has:
- Supports up to 7 servos (7DOF)
- Fully detailed LCD menu system
- up to 2500mm stroke support
- adjustable stroke, leadscrew, actuator type inline/foldback
- Belt ratio calculation option
- Support for rotary actuators
- 200kHz pulse updates
- 2000 times per second updates (latency as low as 1ms in Simtools)
- Platform Check safety option
- E-stop, Park/Standby, Force Offline buttons and switches
- Automatic calibration without limit switches
- Remote parameters via PC software interface or Terminal.
- Rolling Average Filter for anti-vibration pulses on the servomotor
- Spike Filter to automatically eliminate jolts from non-linear motion cues
San Diego, California